Wednesday, November 19, 2008

CHAMPS

Saturday officially ended our soccer season at the Baier house! In some ways I am very relieved but I think I will miss it a little too.

Ella played at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday. This was her last game and I will say that she was a little too excited about it being the last one. At the start of the season, we were so ready for her to show her aggressive side on the field, but surprisingly, she showed no interest whatsoever in playing soccer. She was more concerned about the other girls taking her ball away (which she said was not very nice of them to do), and she loved digging little holes in front of the goal while she was defending it. The way her mind works, there could have been a little strategy in that, we're not sure. This last game, I will say, was the most fun I think she has had all season. She got to do a Goal Kick a couple of times and she would back up as far as she could off the field and run up and kick the ball as hard as she could. They don't keep official score in her games, but we usually do. They tied this last game, but played very hard.

Abbi played her first game at 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning. For those of you that live here you know the exact weather conditions on that day. For those of you who don't live here in TX, it was about 40 degrees and I'm pretty sure the wind was gusting at about 20 miles. It was very, very CCCOOOLLLDDD!!! This game was the start of the tournament they would play throughout the day. We ended the season 3rd Place out of 4 teams total. So, in this first game we played the 2nd place team. We beat them by 1 point. It was very exciting! After that win we advanced to the Championship Game that afternoon at 4:00 p.m. Again, since it was now getting dark outside the temperatures had gone back down, but thankfully the wind was not blowing as hard. In this game we were playing the undefeated 1st place team. We held them without score (0-0) for the whole game. It was very intense and the girls played, I believe, one of their best games of the season. Since the game ended in a tie we had to go to a shoot-out. We beat them in the shoot-out by one goal. IT WAS SO AWESOME!! I will admit I was not much of a soccer fan before this season. Since I now know the rules and know that Abbi loves to play, my interest has peeked and I really enjoy watching it.

I have posted a picture of the Championship team!! Don't they look great???!!!

No comments: